Hayward Swim Pure Salt Issue

Philo

Oct 8, 2015
San Diego, Ca.
I've run into a neighbor's Hayward Swim Pure with a Hayward t-15 cell that flashes "check salt" daily. The display shows 2000. Instant salt reading is 3200. Taylor K1766 says 3000.

I scroll to the instant salt reading (3200) and then to "super chlorinate" and back to "auto". The average display now shows 3200 and the "check salt" goes out.........until the next day. Then it's the same routine. The cell is 1 year old.

What's up?

I replaced the flow switch just to be sure and the "flow light" is off.
Taylor Salt today is 3200
There is an intermatic timer and it's synced to the VS pump.
Everyday the "inspect cell" and "check salt" light are flashing. The "power" and "generating" green lights are solid on.

100p
off/on
100p
Sometimes the instant salt is (-1100) and average salt is 2900

Last edited:
If the flow is low and the cell is installed upright (with the larger side on top) then they say the plates will not be sufficiently covered. Among other things this could lead to a "low salt" reading, which is computed based on the observed current flow. New guidance is that the cell be installed "upside down" if a variable-speed pump is in use.

Reactions: Philo and JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.