Tyler,tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, Everyone!
Hope to find some advice here

Have 30,000 gallon pool that I want to switch back to SWG, it was/is a Hayward Aqualogic control smart pure T-15 Salt cell orinally 17 years ago. Switched to tablet feeder 3 yrs ago when the cell went down (boy was that a mistake) now wanting to go back SWG but want to make sure I get the right cell that works with this system but will not have to run at what always seemed like 100% output just to keep 3ppm in the pool. Someone mentioned T-40, is there such a thing ? What do I actually need that goes with this controller that I already have?

Thanks

Have 30,000 gallon pool that I want to switch back to SWG, it was/is a Hayward Aqualogic control smart pure T-15 Salt cell orinally 17 years ago. Switched to tablet feeder 3 yrs ago when the cell went down (boy was that a mistake) now wanting to go back SWG but want to make sure I get the right cell that works with this system but will not have to run at what always seemed like 100% output just to keep 3ppm in the pool.
What is the pump run time?

Are you using the old cell or did you buy a new cell?

Can you post a picture of the cell serial number?

Someone mentioned T-40, is there such a thing ? What do I actually need that goes with this controller that I already have?
Where did you see that?

The T-15 is advertised for a 40k pool so maybe there was some confusion there.

There is also the TCELL940 cell but that is just a longer life cell.

here's the numbers , I agree I saw that the t-15 is advertised for 40k pool and I think that is what I originally had but general advice on here is that I need more than that so as not to work so hard. I run the pump 10hrs a day , but I can run it however long it takes , I am just using bleach currently...when they put the tablet feeder on years ago they took the swg that I had......

Attachments

• Image 5-24-24 at 12.26 PM.jpeg
    Image 5-24-24 at 12.26 PM.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 3
What is the pump run time?

Are you using the old cell or did you buy a new cell?

Can you post a picture of the cell serial number?

Where did you see that?

The T-15 is advertised for a 40k pool so maybe there was some confusion there.

There is also the TCELL940 cell but that is just a longer life cell.
I posted on the feed, not sure if I am supposed to do that or use the reply . pls advise if I did it wrong

That cell was manufactured in 2007 so when you stopped using it, it was already 13 years old and well beyond its lifespan.

Can you post a picture of the actual SWG cell with serial number?

Are you getting low salt warnings?

What are the cell diagnostics when running? Volts, Amps, Temp, Salt

Have you measured the pool salt level with an independent test (e.g. Taylor K-1766 Sodium Chloride Salt Water Drop Test Kit)?

yes it was installed in 2007 but I am not running a salt pool currently, when that happened I had a tablet feeder installed and started using trichlor , "Have 30,000 gallon pool that I want to switch back to SWG". Going through the tablet nightmare is what brought me to this forum , and I have decided to stop using trichlor and put a swg back on but I want to make sure I size correctly. I have the controller setup already, so I am just looking for advise on the right size Hayward generator for my 30K pool. I assume I need to stick with Hayward due to the fact that I already have the Hayward"controller" or whatever it is called, but maybe that is a wrong assumption.

We generally recommend the largest cell possible as it has the best economics so I would go with the T-CELL-15 or the TCELL940. You can also look at generic cells but they may not last as long.

But the questions I asked are very important for when you put the new cell back on. Your salt level may be too high or too low. You cannot trust the readout of the SWG unit when the cell is very old.

If you want to ignore those questions and damage your unit, then go for it.

I am not going to ignore any advice that I receive in this forum , I value it. That's why Im here. Thanks for the recommendation and the help. If you have advice on what salt level I need to maintain , or for where those other parameters "What are the cell diagnostics when running? Volts, Amps, Temp, Salt" should be I would like to know. That way if I see something different it will set off an alarm in my head. I have the test kit from tfp now , I just need the salt test from them. (didn't get that as I wasn't running salt at the time)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support