Tylerb1

Jun 17, 2021
New York
Hello All, This is my first post on this forum, but I have used it for weeks putting together my pool and I have to say is great and has helped me a lot. You all are a world of information!

I am installing a Summit XL Heat Pump 140K to my omniLogic and the instructions from the Logic and Summit are very vague.

Based on how it reads there is two ways to control the heat pump, remote control, and remote on/off.

My assumption is that the two wires from the OmniLogic "heater 1" connect to pins J7 which is the P/S connection, I am not 100% sure of this but it kind of makes sense.

I am 1000% unsure how to connect step #1 (top right column) or what remote relay they are referring (a high voltage relay?) that I need to use, I am also unsure if I even need to do this connection.

Any assistance on the wiring would be very highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyler

Attachments

• 2021-07-02_19-28-09.jpg
    2021-07-02_19-28-09.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 37
Welcome to TFP.

The two wires from the OmniLogic "heater 1" connect as shown on Figure 12a to the Violet wire on J23.

You don't use the Remote Pool/Spa control. That is done by the Omnilogic.

Set the HP as described in 1 in the top right column. Ignore 2.

Reactions: Tylerb1
Welcome to TFP.

The two wires from the OmniLogic "heater 1" connect as shown on Figure 12a to the Violet wire on J23.

You don't use the Remote Pool/Spa control. That is done by the Omnilogic.

Set the HP as described in 1 in the top right column. Ignore 2.
Thanks for the feedback!

Couple more questions:

- Do I need to use a high voltage relay for the 240V?

- My j23 pin has a violet wire that goes directly to the water flow switch, then after the flow switch is a male / female quick connect, then it runs back to J5 pin. Do I splice the wire coming off the J23, or can I hook up after the flow switch at the male / female quick connect? does it matter?

Wire the heater 240V directly to a breaker not through an AUX relay.

I don’t think it matters but you may want to show me pics of the J23 connection you are thinking of doing.

Im looking for more info on this as I am also struggling to figure this out (also setting up hayward 140k to omnilogic)

I see two purple wires. Am i supposed to unplug the two purples and wire nut them together, then connect low voltage wire to the P and the S?

Im doing a pool and spillover spa combo.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.