Nazareth/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
What is the difference between these 2 pumps? I am considering replacing my old 1.5HP Hayward Super Pump with a drop in VSP unit. I believe the 2603 is the correct model but I see 2 of them. One is listed as "Expert Line"
I did the compare feature on Haywards product website and it shows no difference. Local power company is offering $350 rebate for Energy Star certified pumps. So, now looks like a good time to pull the trigger.

Last edited:
That's interesting. The one labelled as "expert line" shows either a 1 year or a 2 year warranty depending on which site i look at. While the W3SP2603VSP shows a 3 year warranty. But both seem to be priced the same. I'm confused.

That's interesting. The one labelled as "expert line" shows either a 1 year or a 2 year warranty depending on which site i look at. While the W3SP2603VSP shows a 3 year warranty. But both seem to be priced the same. I'm confused.

Difference is if Labor is included in warrantee coverage.

Warranty Information​

Hayward offers 3 types of warranty coverage: Expert Line Warranty, Totally Hayward Warranty, and Open Line Warranty.​

• Expert Line Warranty​

Expert Line products are approved for sale only via brick-and-mortar locations. They qualify for Parts and Labor coverage.
  • Totally Hayward Warranty​

Totally Hayward dealers can offer extended warranty coverage to customers who purchase one or more Expert Line products.
  • Open Line Warranty​

Open Line products are approved for sale online and via brick-and-mortar locations. This includes W3 Model #s, Replacement Parts, White Goods, and Accessories. Warranty coverage for Open Line In-Ground products does not increase when sold via brick-and-mortar location, sold by a Totally Hayward dealer, or installed by a professional.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.