Hayward Skimmer came with cork gasket, not rubber butterfly gasket

j_nel_2003

May 24, 2021
Plattsmouth, NE
Hi everyone, new pool owner here, our pool is near a tree so a skimmer is a must, so I watched all these YouTube videos on how to install, and all of them the skimmer came with a rubber butterfly gasket, well mine came with two cork gaskets, should I just use those, are they better or worse than the rubber? Or should I order a rubber butterfly gasket? I’ve been looked all over and can’t seem to find anyone that has gotten these cork gaskets, let me know, thanks

Attachments

• 55E691AA-6532-4D30-9B6C-227F0270778E.jpeg
    55E691AA-6532-4D30-9B6C-227F0270778E.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 5
Hi, welcome to TFP! That is an unusual gasket choice. Is this for a soft wall or hard wall above ground pool? Which skimmer do you have? If this is for a soft wall pool I would order a butterfly gasket.

Hi everyone, new pool owner here, our pool is near a tree so a skimmer is a must, so I watched all these YouTube videos on how to install, and all of them the skimmer came with a rubber butterfly gasket, well mine came with two cork gaskets, should I just use those, are they better or worse than the rubber? Or should I order a rubber butterfly gasket? I’ve been looked all over and can’t seem to find anyone that has gotten these cork gaskets, let me know, thanks

Looking at various items online it looks like maybe the cork gasket was for the older 1090 vs 1091LX? Did the box say a model number?

Last edited:
I did accidentally order another face plate, read it wrong and thought it was the gasket, and that faceplate should work better than the original, so I think I am good now, just waiting on a longer hose so I can reach the pump from the skimmer, current hoses are too short, and of course Amazon primes shipping on this item is like a week and not 2 days lol

I did accidentally order another face plate, read it wrong and thought it was the gasket, and that faceplate should work better than the original, so I think I am good now, just waiting on a longer hose so I can reach the pump from the skimmer, current hoses are too short, and of course Amazon primes shipping on this item is like a week and not 2 days lol
Where did you order the skimmer from that is caring old stock still?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.