Hayward Salt Cell or Controller or?

DatacomGuy

Aug 19, 2019
Tampa, FL
Hayward system, T-CELL-15. Systems seems to have stopped generating chlorine. System shows "chlorinator off, very low salt". But salt is fine at 3300. When testing, I have pretty much no chlorine at all. I'm currently maintaining with shock.

I've cleaned the cell. It's original, but only 4 years old.

Is this a cell issue, or something else?

What are all of the diagnostic readings?

Check the readings, then move the switch to off and then back to auto and recheck the readings.

I unfortunately can not get diagnostic readings, because the salt is "too low" per the system.

This display will be shown only if the chlorinator is enabled. For the chlorinator to be operating, several other things must be happening: the filter pump must be running, the flow switch must be detecting flow, the chlorinator setting must be set greater than 0%, the water temperature at the cell must be between 50ºF and 140ºF, and the salt level must be within the operating range. If any of these conditions are not met, the chlorinator diagnostic display will tell you the reason. It’s possible to have more than one reason, in which case after you rectify what was displayed the first time, a second display will appear

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.