Hayward pumps?

Jun 16, 2016
Quogue new york
I bought a new Hayward 3/4 hp pump June 26 2017 to use for vacuum our pool. It just burnt out last week - July 2018. I called Hayward pumps. They had my warranty but I can’t warranty because I’m not a Hayward dealer. I had to take it to a pool store that repairs And license HW pumps. Now I will get the part for free (just the motor) and have to pay for labor. HW was nice to extend the warranty 2 extra week because it was 1 year parts & labor. I never heard a consumer can’t warranty. Paid $280. I order a $99 pump from Doheny’s 3/4 hp. Use it today and works great.

I once had a rear wiper arm on an SUV break (only 1-1/2yrs old), and they fought me about giving me a new one at the service counter because I took off the broken one and brought it to them (only a nut held it on so I removed it). I ended up winning and getting a replacement, but only after threatening to go elsewhere for my next vehicle purchase. Your situation sounds like it would be a fun battle I would take on :cool:. That's just me though ... LOL

Many of these products state that the warranty is only valid (or extended beyond a fairly short period) if installed by a professional.
Yes. That’s what they said. They would of sent a repair man out, no charge but pump has to be connected- plumbing & electricity to see if pipes were right size and wires were correct. I would loose the warranty because it’s not connected and I’m using it as a vacuum pump. I will buy $99 pumps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.