Hayward Pump not working

asquare

Bronze Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
Lake Mary, FL
My Hayward Ecostar variable speed pump just stopped working. The pump is getting power. I checked the filter basket for any sign of obstruction and there was none. I turned the breaker off for 5 minutes and turned it back on. I am hearing a clicking sound every 3-4 seconds and the digital display is showing that the pump is priming but obviously nothing is happening. The pump is 7 years old and although it became noisier over time, it has been working fine. Any suggestion as to what else I might be investigating or am I due for a replacement? If so, I assume I can just swap the motor? Thank you!

OK - a bit more information as I ran the diagnostics. I get 2 messages displayed after one another: "Check System. Pump failed to start". and "Check motor and wet end for binding". I saw previous threads on the same pump but there were 2 separate issues in the same thread (my error message and a pump stalled error message). I hope someone can help.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.