Hayward Pump Leak

Em0Abstracts

Jun 5, 2020
Indianapolis, IN
Hey all. Does anyone know what the standard warranty term is on Hayward pumps and if Hayward covers shaft seals as part of their warranty?

I bought a brand new 1.5 HP Super Pump last year to replace a 10-12 year old 3/4 HP Hayward pump that had a leaking shaft seal. Instead of wasting money to repair an old pump I just bought a new unit and upgraded. Now, less than one year later and after only having my pool open for less than 1 full month, the shaft seal on my new pump is already leaking again. I can see a steady flow of water coming out from under the pump housing and the pad is soaked. I didn’t purchase an extended warranty through my pool supplier but I can’t find any information regarding coverage of this type of issue.

From their Terms & Conditions website HERE:

Limited Warranty

To Buyer, as original purchaser of the Goods, Hayward warrants its products free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase. Parts which fail or become defective during the warranty period, except as a result of freezing, negligence, improper installation, use or care, shall be repaired or replaced, at our option, within 90 days of the receipt of the defective product, barring unforeseen delays.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.