Hayward Prologic PL-P-4 with Pentair Superflo VS

KevinE

May 26, 2015
Kelowna, BC
I am running the combination but I have no control over the variable speed options on the pump from my pool control panel other than turn the pump on or off.
Can the low voltage control lines from the Pentair pump be connected to a Hayward board? The Pentair uses 4 relay circuits to control each one of the 3 program modes and 4th one to do clean mode.
I also have some auxilary relays on the Hayward but have no documentation on how they work.

Cheers,

You have the same situation with your Prologic panel as being discussed in this thread with an Aqualink panel...

Post a pic of your Prologic cabinet open showing the wiring and relays.

I am doing an Aqualink integration with Home Assistant. If I can get control of the pump and the 4 pre-programmed speeds I can start doing proper automation via Home Assistant.
I might be able to control the VS pump with Aux relays 3 through 6 but I have no pinout documentation on how these work.

20220728_135619.jpg

The AquaLogic needs to know when the pump is on or off.

I would set the pump as a two-speed pump and use the aux relays like it was a two speed pump.

You generally won't need more than 2 speed for automation.

Kevin, do you know when your PL-P4 Controller was installed or how old it is?
Goldline introduced AquaLogic in 2003.

Hayward acquired Goldline in August of 2004.

Hayward discontinued AquaLogic in 2008 and replaced it with ProLogic.

It’s AquaLogic, so it has to be earlier than 2009.

Goldline introduced AquaLogic in 2003.

Hayward acquired Goldline in August of 2004.

Hayward discontinued AquaLogic in 2008 and replaced it with ProLogic.

It’s AquaLogic, so it has to be earlier than 2009.
I'm confused...the thread title refers to Pro-logic, but then I reread and OP states he trying an AquaLogic install...did I miss something ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The ProLogic has a small transformer on the circuit board and the AquaLogic has a bigger transformer on the circuit board.

The very first ProLogic "might" have had the circuit board with the larger transformer on the circuit board.

1659197117022.png

AquaLogic Circuit board with larger transformer.

1659196951696.png

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.