May 22, 2020
Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Moved from here: Design Flaw in Hayward Pool Heaters Causing CE Error Codes
I was recently, or still having problems with my Hayward pool heater . My unit , 400 model, was installed 3 years ago .

I was getting the CE code . After 2-3 weeks of on and off usage I figured out the cause .

When I turned It on first thing in the morning , shade in backyard, unit fires right up. However, if I wait until mid day or afternoon when the hot sun hits my backyard and the unit and panel is hot , it won’t fire up . The dreaded CE code appears.

Family is on to it and knows to only turn it on in the morning.

Don’t know where to go from here . May just live with it. Maybe I’ll make a shade cover for the unit.
I am currently having issue with CE error on Hayward H400FD heater. Heater (and pool) were installed in 2021. Pool company opened the pool a couple of weeks ago, I am not sure if they did anything with the heater then.
I tried turning on the heater today via the Omnilogic App. The app shows that heater is on, but it was not on. Heater had CE error.
I tried rebooting the omnilogic a few times, that didnt help anything.
I am trying to see how to turn off and reboot heater, but can't figure out where the power switch is on this.

Does anybody know how to reboot the heater?

In the manual that is first thing it says, but I can't seem to find where to power it off for a minute and restart it.

We did have a bunch of rain last night, so not sure if that is a potential cause of this based on other posts about this error.
Both pool builder and Hayward seem to be closed for the weekend.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
No power switch on the heater. You need to cycle the heater CB to power it down.

CE code on the display indicate a display failure. Water gets in around the display and causes the keypad to be non-responsive. The fix is an expensive replacement of the display boards.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.