Hayward pool heater showing Lo code

joeg679

May 28, 2017
NJ
Hello, I have a H150FDN pool heater. It's worked all summer so far, but last week I noticed that it would turn on for a few minutes then turn off and show Lo. The filter is clean and the output is strong. I ordered a new pressure switch, but in the meantime I took the two wires that connect to the switch and made a jumper and connected it thinking that it would keep the heater on all the time until the new switch came, but it didn't - it turned on and off. Is it possible the new switch will help or could there be another issue? Thanks!

According to the manual, there are several things that can cause that error code. Page 56 in troubleshooting gives you several other things to look for. If you’re handy with a multimeter or are able to jumper connections (clearly you are :)) then it looks like you could check some of these other potential issues out pretty easily.

What led you to believe it was the pressure switch - were there other symptoms? Is the unit still under warranty?

Dan

Reactions: joeg679
According to the manual, there are several things that can cause that error code. Page 56 in troubleshooting gives you several other things to look for. If you’re handy with a multimeter or are able to jumper connections (clearly you are :)) then it looks like you could check some of these other potential issues out pretty easily.

What led you to believe it was the pressure switch - were there other symptoms? Is the unit still under warranty?

Dan
Thanks. I looked online and the switch was the most common issue. I bought the heater on amazon and replaced the heating unit this year from Leslie's. I called Leslies and you get overseas people answering the phone who can't help. They said to call Hayward about a warranty and I can't get anyone on the phone there.

Reactions: Danimal92Sport
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.