hartpw

Jul 8, 2023
Stafford, Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Thank you for the assist! It looks like I have to replace my header and the Hayward Omnilogic T-Cell PCB Board | HLX-PCB-TCELL. I just have to make sure I can do a good job taking out and soldering in a new header!

Moved from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar problem and wondering how you resolved it. Not sure if my problem is just my salt cell or my board too. My board looks ok other than the connector. If my board is also compromised, not sure I can replace just the connector. I'll attach photos.
I just replace the chlorinator PCB board and the connector on the motherboard. I got the connector from Digi Key using part number 23-0015247103-ND. I made the repairs, but I am still getting the sensor and K1/ K2 stuck open errors. I'm bummed/

I just replace the chlorinator PCB board and the connector on the motherboard. I got the connector from Digi Key using part number 23-0015247103-ND. I made the repairs, but I am still getting the sensor and K1/ K2 stuck open errors. I'm bummed/
Check the back of the main board for burnt solder joints around the K1/K2 relays.

High salt causing high amps combined with some corrosion in the connector causing resistance on the pin connection all causing heat at the pin.
I have never had high salt according to my readings. I'm usually low in salt, so if the high salt acts the same as low salt, maybe that's why my chlorinator PCB board and connector burned.

Attachments

• IMG_5567.jpeg
    IMG_5567.jpeg
    461 KB · Views: 8
When you repair or replace it, it may make sense to apply dielectric grease to the connector each year at opening. If you already have some silicone grease for o-rings, that will work fine too.

I’ve seen some folks now and then hesitate to use dielectric grease because it is, well, non-conductive. The grease won’t affect the connection, it will only prevent corrosion.

When you repair or replace it, it may make sense to apply dielectric grease to the connector each year at opening. If you already have some silicone grease for o-rings, that will work fine too.

I’ve seen some folks now and then hesitate to use dielectric grease because it is, well, non-conductive. The grease won’t affect the connection, it will only prevent corrosion.

Ah, I didn't do that, guess I'll find out the hard way! Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.