Hayward Omnihub with AquaComfort Heater

j.mauro.443

Sep 19, 2021
NY
Hello everyone
Hoping to get some help with this. I just recently upgrade my pool system to the Omni hub . I have a aqua comfort electric heater as well.

everything functions correctly except for the heater. I added the heater in the system and ran 2 wires from the pool/spa circuit on the heater to the port on the Omni hub. When I turn the heater on from the Omni controller, the heater goes into spa mode. It doesn’t allow me to change it on the heater into pool mode. But the system doesn’t heat the pool in spa mode. If I turn the heater function off from the Omni, the heater turns back into pool mode and works.

few things to point out
1) I already tried switch the two wires
2) with the Omni off, I can switch the heater from pool to spa mode on the heater. With the Omni on, I can’t

any help would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you have not received any responses.

Let's see if this bump brings in some folks familiar with your type of automation.

Hello everyone
Hoping to get some help with this. I just recently upgrade my pool system to the Omni hub . I have a aqua comfort electric heater as well.

everything functions correctly except for the heater. I added the heater in the system and ran 2 wires from the pool/spa circuit on the heater to the port on the Omni hub. When I turn the heater on from the Omni controller, the heater goes into spa mode. It doesn’t allow me to change it on the heater into pool mode. But the system doesn’t heat the pool in spa mode. If I turn the heater function off from the Omni, the heater turns back into pool mode and works.

few things to point out
2) with the Omni off, I can switch the heater from pool to spa mode on the heater. With the Omni on, I can’t

Here is the text from the AquaComfort XL install manual related to automation systems. I have a similar setup, new pool install completed in Nov, so we haven't enjoyed the pool yet living in the Northeast.

Connecting to Automated System
Wiring External Controls and Remotes For Heating Control:

*Connect control wiring to the POOL / SPA connection at the bottom right of control board. See page 15 for diagram showing location on Board.
*See Below (Remote Thermostats and Controllers: Controlling in Heating) REMOTE THERMOSTATS AND CONTROLLERS (Controlling a Heat only Model)
If a remote thermostat or any other control system is to be used to turn the heat pump on and off, a normally open dry contact connection can be made at the terminals labeled POOL/SPA on the bottom right of the electronic control board. In the case of a remote thermostat where the temperature will be regulated externally, set the “POOL” mode to the OFF position and the “SPA” mode to 104o F (40o C). The heat pump will only run when the remote control calls for heating (circuit closed).
When the heat pump is being told to turn on by the Automated system, it will switch into “SPA” mode.
This does not mean it has changed how it heats but simply that “SPA” mode is the mode that is enabled for Automated system control in heating.

Hello everyone

few things to point out

Not sure if figured out yet but you have to adjust the temp settings on the AquaComfort first. You need to put spa temp to max amount then you can control the temps through OmniLogic. Also, currently Omni can only control the heat portion with AquaComfort and not the cooling if you have both.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.