Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Pool size 13855 gallons
Salt generator Hayward T-15 cell AquRite 94
VSP Tristar 950
Aquacal SQ145 Pool Heat Pump (119000 BTU)
Hayward Swim Clear Filter 425 Quad Cartridge Filter
My request for advise is concerning the Omnihub and a two wire to the Aquacal Pool Heat Pump. The Omnihub is supposed to have the ability to control the heat pump, but the only way is to turn the pool pump on and off. If you turn off the pump it turns off the heat pump. If you have the heat pump turned off via your mobile OmniLogic app it still come on as soon as you turn on the pump. Hayward says it should work and Aquacal says it should not be turning on.I.e something is still calling the heater to turn on via the pump. Everything was installed be professionals. Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

Are you turning off the heater using the slider in the upper left of the screen?

Are you pressing SAVE after sliding it off?

What does this screen show before you turn the pump on?

What does this screen show after you turn the pump on?

Hayward Omni Heater Control Screen.jpg

Reactions: Heavenlytunes
I have used both the controller and the OmniLogic mobile app to attempt to control the pool heat pump. I am using in the upper left in the controller to turn it off and in the mobile app in the right hand. Both do not turn the heater off. I am pressing save after turning it off. The screen says heater disabled. The screen says heater on. The pool heat pumps says under remote control.

How do you know the heat pump is not off?

The heat pump has a fan and a compressor. The fan can run at times when the compressor is not running and generating heat. If you are just seeing the fan running it may be the heat pump running it automatically.

Do you have a multimeter? If so you can disconnect the control wire from the OmniHub and use your multimeter to test if the Omnihub is opening and closing the heater relay when you turn it on and off on the display panel.

How do you know the heat pump is not off?

The heat pump has a fan and a compressor. The fan can run at times when the compressor is not running and generating heat. If you are just seeing the fan running it may be the heat pump running it automatically.

Do you have a multimeter? If so you can disconnect the control wire from the OmniHub and use your multimeter to test if the Omnihub is opening and closing the heater relay when you turn it on and off on the display panel.
Thank you for the response.

@bigflred7595 were you able to make it work?
I'm planning of buying the Omnihub in a few months and doing my research between the Omnilogic vs Omnihub
I was able to finally get it to work. I had to rewire the two wire connection between the omnihub and the Aquacal.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.