Hayward models, part numbers, and shopping

NewPoolGirlTX

Bronze Supporter
Sep 5, 2021
Austin, Texas
Pool Size
Hi all,
So I thought I had a Hayward S244T sand filter but it turns out I have an S244T2 filter. Manufacture date Oct 2016.

I cannot seem to find the lateral assembly part number SX244DA2X, although I have now purchased the SX244DA not once but twice. (my filter was put in after the plumbing and is difficult to access the bottom of the label, so when I saw S244T at the top, I assumed that was indeed the model number)

Was this part replaced with a new number or something? I find it odd that I can't seem to find it anywhere.
ETA: some sites say I can use SX270DA2X. can anyone confirm?

Thank you for any help. This has been quite the fiasco, I mean, learning experience.

marci

Last edited:
Marci, Just a couple examples I found. I'm seeing the SX240DPAK10 at the link below. Looks like that should fit your "T2".

Below is for just one lateral.

Maybe that will help.

Just fyi y'all.

I believe that the SX270DA2X does indeed fit my S244T2

I've compared the dimensions to the SX244DA and the only difference is the pipe diameter. Hayward told me it would be both too tall and the laterals too wide....hmm

Just wanted to give an update if it helps anyone else!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.