Hayward Max-Flo VS Pump- Easy LED Display Repair

Wayniac

Jul 5, 2014
Dunnellon, Florida
The blue 7-segment LED modules on my Max-Flo VS (SP2300ZLV) display have aged and become unreadable. This made programming the unit virtually impossible. Fortunately, replacement LED modules are cheap and readily available! The existing modules are attached via plug-in sockets. Replacement took about 15 minutes.

The obsolete part number on the existing modules is ELS-431UBWA. I researched a substitute and ordered the parts from Digikey PN: 732-157119B12701-ND.
You will need 5 modules, total cost...$12.75.

There is a 3V, CR-1632 lithium battery installed on the programming board I suspect is for retaining the programming. I replaced this as well.

The blue 7-segment LED modules on my Max-Flo VS (SP2300ZLV) display have aged and become unreadable. This made programming the unit virtually impossible. Fortunately, replacement LED modules are cheap and readily available! The existing modules are attached via plug-in sockets. Replacement took about 15 minutes.

The obsolete part number on the existing modules is ELS-431UBWA. I researched a substitute and ordered the parts from Digikey PN: 732-157119B12701-ND.

There is a 3V, CR-1632 lithium battery installed on the programming board I suspect is for retaining the programming. I replaced this as well.
You, my friend, are awesome. I was on this path and you helped me out big time. Huge, Thank you!

Reactions: Wayniac

Thanks so much for this info. I’m having problems with the touch panel contacts being very difficult to trigger sometimes, wonder if you have any insight into how easy they might be to clean or replace once I have this unit open. Thanks!

Wayniac- I have a Hayward SP2302VSP Max-Flo VS Variable-Speed Pool Pump with the same LED problem you solved on your system, by chance would you know the digikey replacement parts for my setup? I have not found any information on the replacement parts or part numbers. Thanks in advance, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.