NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I have looked at a few calculators to figure the estimated cost to run my heat pump each year and i'm getting results from these calculators all over the place. Does anyone has a calculator where you can put a length of season, pool size, soil type, heat pump size, electric cost, temp to give you an estimate to run. One neighbors says it costs him around $4k a year to heat a similar size pool with fixed speed pump and LPG and another says it costs him around $300 with a similar size pool with heat pump and variable speed pump. It don't have to be accurate I'm just wanting some rough numbers but $300 seems low and he don't have the option to cool either.

Pool size 8000 gallon
Fiberglass
no pool cover
April till November season
Soil = Sand
Heat pump HP50HA2
Electric cost around 0.12kWh
Heat pump mounted in Sun
Not sure what water temp I will like but lets sat 82f as that seems to be a mid point in the temp scales they give.
1 month of the year we will likely be using the cooling function

Can you post the results you got from the calculators you say are all over the place?

Can you post the results you got from the calculators you say are all over the place?
The ones I used were just on a google search for "Pool heat pump cost calculator"

One of them was here Calculators and Tools but it didn't give me much info other than savings but i didn't have any equipment to start with to have any savings.

Reactions: BC78
Raypak also has a Heat Pump Heater Sizing App.

Aquacal has a Heat Pump Sizing and Savings Calculator.

To get the most accurate cost comparison you should change the default electric kwh, natural gas price, and propane price to actual prices in your area
Wow so it looks like my neighbors numbers were pretty much dead on. LPG for the almost exact same setup as heat pump is 10x the cost to run. Im guessing his extra on the LPG was his non VS pump. I cant believe LPG costs that much more.

JanuaryPool ClosedPool Closed
FebruaryPool ClosedPool Closed
March$83.52$696.09
April$56.79$473.34
May$30.07$250.59
June$30.07$250.59
July$11.69$97.45
August$20.04$167.06
September$16.70$139.22
October$50.11$417.66
November$80.17$668.25
DecemberPool ClosedPool Closed
Totals$379.16$3,160.25

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.