Hayward Heater w/OmniLogic - manual start only

3asyB

Silver Supporter
Jan 7, 2019
CSTX
1st off. I’ve never had this issue before.

We decided to attempt to heat the pool for the 1st time for Christmas.
We haven’t used the heater/spa in a couple of months.
We tried to heat the hot tub this morning and the heater wouldn’t fire up. It shows it on and running on the app but it’s not.
I had to manually turn it on by selecting the option on the heater itself. When I did this it fired up in less than a minute and appears to be functioning like it should.
Any ideas. Ever hear of this.
I can make it work but it obviously defeats the purpose of the automation.

TIA TFP

3B,

Most of the time the automation only controls the heater by interrupting the "fireman's switch.. This means the heater must be on and the temperature set to max hot.. With the fireman's switch open, nothing will happen until the automation allows the heater to heat.. Depending on the heater you have to have it set to external control.

Was your heater's display on and set to external control??

Thanks,

Jim R.

3B,

Most of the time the automation only controls the heater by interrupting the "fireman's switch.. This means the heater must be on and the temperature set to max hot.. With the fireman's switch open, nothing will happen until the automation allows the heater to heat.. Depending on the heater you have to have it set to external control.

Was your heater's display on and set to external control??

Thanks,

Jim R.

it was.

It showed “bo” on the display. which means it is being controlled by the OmniLogic I believe.

Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted. I haven’t messed with anything since the last time we used it other than lowering the freeze protect temp from 40 degrees to 34 so we can use it.
It was over 40 degrees outside when I tried to turn it on today.

Last edited:
Well I turned it on manually once and its worked through OmniLogic since then.?.?.?

I suppose I won’t worry about it.

ps....
Cheap blue bubble solar cover was a big help in achieving and maintaining temp!

This has happened to me once before as well. It seems to reset after firing up manual and then I can run it and control it with OmniLogic... after going back to remote external. I’m thinking if it didn't fire up straight away on OmniLogic for some reason, there is a timing protection that has to be overridden manually.

The bubble wrap definitely helps a bit for us as well for heating and holding the heat here in FL.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.