Hayward Heat Pro (HP21104T) - Busted PVC Elbow Sensor Holder

msickler

Jul 31, 2019
Mount Horeb, WI
Hey Team - Long shot here, but I messed up closing my pool last year, had covid brain and wasn't firing on all cylinders, and it seems my heater took a bad one. There's a 90 degree elbow at the bottom of the heat exchanger that holds the temp sensor, the internals of the elbow cracked and it now leaks out the back...

The elbow is stamped with the Hayward H (it's also the numbers 01022659mp stamped on it), but they are not seeing it available separate from the whole heat exchanger. I've searched around other PVC companies and I'm not finding a match...

The sensor in the holder is the SMX306000024 temp sensor, it's a two wire sensor, but I can't get much more for specs on it...

Two Questions:
1. Anyone got a line on specialty Hayward PVC fittings?
2. Do you think if I replaced that elbow with a standard 90 degree elbow and put a regular sensor (like Hayward GLX-PC-12-Kit) inline and hooked it up the the heater it'd perform the same? It's just telling the heater the water temp so as to kick on/off yeah?

Thanks for any Assistance.

Attachments

• 2022-05-17_20-39-40.jpg
    2022-05-17_20-39-40.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 2022-05-17_20-40-06.jpg
    2022-05-17_20-40-06.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 15
Hey Team - Long shot here, but I messed up closing my pool last year, had covid brain and wasn't firing on all cylinders, and it seems my heater took a bad one. There's a 90 degree elbow at the bottom of the heat exchanger that holds the temp sensor, the internals of the elbow cracked and it now leaks out the back...

The elbow is stamped with the Hayward H (it's also the numbers 01022659mp stamped on it), but they are not seeing it available separate from the whole heat exchanger. I've searched around other PVC companies and I'm not finding a match...

The sensor in the holder is the SMX306000024 temp sensor, it's a two wire sensor, but I can't get much more for specs on it...

Two Questions:
1. Anyone got a line on specialty Hayward PVC fittings?
2. Do you think if I replaced that elbow with a standard 90 degree elbow and put a regular sensor (like Hayward GLX-PC-12-Kit) inline and hooked it up the the heater it'd perform the same? It's just telling the heater the water temp so as to kick on/off yeah?

Thanks for any Assistance.

How did you get access to replace it? I need to replace the opposite elbow and middle PVC between and don't know how to remove the silver square radiator coils off to access the bottom pvc's.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.