Hayward H200 Heater (Year Old and Done)

Aug 26, 2015
Island Park
I bought my Hayward H200 last April and here I am with water dripping from bottom of heater.

Contacted local pool service company and woman said its probably corroded heat exchanger.

Could this happen in a year.? Also she said it doesnt pay to replace the exchanger but get new heater, is this true?? I have seen exchanger replacements online for 600 bucks. Could I do this myself.

I have my daughetsr 2nd birthday coming up in month and am freaking out. Hayward was absolute zero help and just tossing blame my way with every passing second. It was a you must have done this, or that or this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Hayward life. But seriously, has your pools chemistry been within the numbers since adding the heater?

Yes the heat exchanger is shot and the replacement cost with labor isn't cheap. BTW, are you in a year round pool climate or do you have a winter cycle where you close the pool up?

Surprised Hayward was like that to you. I have seen others in similar issues as yours get it repaired/replaced on Hayward. Did you speak to a manager or higher up?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.