Hayward GVA-24 Wiring - why can't I double lug two actuators?

coilerman

Bronze Supporter
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I can't seem to find any wiring information on the GVA-24 but I found one for a Jandy. It's says "Do not double lug the JVA switch leg wires (red and white wires)."

I have two actuators and I tried double lugging before I read the Jandy manual (both red wires together, both white wires together) and the acuators don't work when I try to energise them.

What's the reason you can't do this?

Reactions: TheoneAB
The black wires can be double lugged for sure since they are common. But the Jandy manual says not to double lug the two leg wires. The reason I ask is that after powering up in double lugged configuration, one of the actuators works, the other doesn't. Going back to individually lugged and still one of them doesn't work. I'm wondering if I somehow damaged it in double lugged configuration.

Is there a breaker in the actuator unit? I see only one breaker in my control panel and it's for the entire panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.