Hayward/Goldline Automation w/ SWCG

rinaldok

Gold Supporter
Sep 16, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Folks, can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Aqua Plus and the Pro Logic?

Hayward Aqua Plus 40K Gallon Control and Chlorinator (PL-PLUS) - INYOPools.com

Goldline Controls Pro Logic PLP4 Control, Chlorinator Pool or Spa Only - PLP4PACK - INYOPools.com

I asked INYO support, and the first response I got was "they are different because of their features and compatible accessories" but they gave no information as to WHAT the feature differences or compatible accessories were.

I asked for further clarification, and another support rep emailed me and said "the two units are the same."

I asked for FURTHER clarification, because they are listed as different units, for a different price, and I had already been told there was SOME difference, but I just was desperately trying to find out WHAT the differences are, and their response was to copy/paste the text off the product pages on the INYO website, which was of no help in answering my question.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

The PL-P-4 does not come with a cell.

However, Inyo is bundling it with a cell and calling it a PLP4PACK.

The PL-PLUS is a PL-P-4 that comes with a T-15 cell.

So, they are basically the same thing.

Just verify that they both come with all the same parts, including the T-15 cell, flow switch and T, 3 temperature sensors and unions.

The PL-P-4 does not come with a cell. However, Inyo is bundling it with a cell and calling it a PLP4PACK.

The PL-PLUS is a PL-P-4 that comes with a T-15 cell.

So, they are basically the same thing.
So, to be clear, they both have the same capabilities, are compatible with the same accessories, and have all the same features?

Assuming that's the case, why are they sold with different branding and why would one pay more for one vs the other?

It looks like INYO realized that their first answer to my question was, for lack of a better term, unhelpful, and they've since updated the answer. It appears, and I may be wrong, that it comes down to which parts are bundled? They say the pl-plus will control 1 solar and 1 conventional heater, but I assume both units can control both types of heaters just that the pl-plus includes accessories for doing so?

It's quite confusing having different product branding for the same item.

The PL-P-4 comes with the automation box and 3 temperature sensors.

The PL-PLUS is a PL-P-4 that also includes a T-15 cell, flow switch with flow switch T and cell unions.

The PL-P-4 comes with the automation box and 3 temperature sensors.

The PL-PLUS is a PL-P-4 that also includes a T-15 cell, flow switch with flow switch T and cell unions.

THANK YOU.

I wish INYO could have given a simple, concise answer such as that. :cool:

So, to finish it off... the PLP4PACK is a INYO bundle that is like the PL-PLUS, only it comes with 2 temp sensors instead of 3, and does not come with any valve actuators (whereas the PL-PLUS comes with 3)?

Don't hate me -- lol, but the $64,000 question now is, it seems like the PLP4PACK comes with less and costs more than the PL-PLUS. What am I missing?

:hammer:

I'm not trying to drive you crazy, I'm trying to un-crazy myself for not understanding. Thanks for your help.

The PL plus comes w the swg, the box which is a basic pro logic, and the flow switch and unions. I just got one last week. I have a simple setup, if you have a complex setup the other bundles may be more to ur needs. I need one actuator so just buying it seperately was cheaper overall

The PL plus comes w the swg, the box which is a basic pro logic, and the flow switch and unions. I just got one last week. I have a simple setup, if you have a complex setup the other bundles may be more to ur needs. I need one actuator so just buying it seperately was cheaper overall

Installing aquaplus with swg vsp and some lights on the pool deck and in pool will I need an actuator?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.