Hayward Goldline Aqua Rite not generating.

Jun 29, 2018
Dallas
Hey folks, I am just now opening my pool and have started the process of slamming it. Pool was in very poor condition this year as I did not have a cover on it this fall and winter. ( Cover busted)

However the SWG has been giving me some issues. Mainly that all my values started back up in metric instead of standard, and the generator light will not turn on. I've attached a video of the diagnostic press through. Take a look at the weird revision # I'm getting. I replaced the main board in September of 18'.

Any ideas why it is not generating?

Regarding your units: starting with your toggle switch in the “auto” position, push the diagnostics button to get to the temperature display. Then flip the switch to “superchlorinate” and immediately back to “auto.” You should see the unit of measure change. Wait 30 seconds for the screen to go back to your salt PPM and then flip through your settings again to make sure the changes stuck (if it didn’t, try again until it does).

As to your chlorine not generating... Are you making this assumption based on the light not being on, or have you come to this conclusion through testing your chlorine levels?

Finally, tell us a little more about your setup, and if you have some test numbers, you may want to share them; have you manually tested the salt levels? And have you added any salt since last year?

Last edited:
Thank you!
I am running a champion 2hp pump with a Hayward t-15 salt cell. It has a 3 bag sand filter. Pool is approximately 28,000 gallons.

Prior to slamming I balanced the pool water using my Taylor TF100 and had no chlorine being generated in the pool (FC or CC)

Right now I have...
FC at 24
CC 2 (lots of algae and leaves)
CYA 45
PH 7.5
ALK 120
Calc 73

Ok. I was going to say maybe you didn’t notice chlorine being generated because it was getting consumed so quickly, but I’d expect to see CC levels present if that was the case.

Solely based on my personal experience with the AquaRite, it seems unlikely that you’d have a chlorine production issue due to the cell itself without a check cell light coming on or another error present. It could be a configuration issue with the panel. I think @JamesW is the one who knows all about those configs and what the different values signify, if I’m remembering correctly.

Oh also, you may not have seen my question about your salinity levels and whether you added salt yet. Have you manually tested your salinity, and have you added any salt this year?

Ok, I have no doubt you’ve got salt in the pool. FYI though, those salt strips can be all over the place. I really like the Taylor K-1766 test kit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you use a genuine Hayward board?

Maybe the display is going bad.

How old is the unit?

Try resetting it again and make sure that the pins line up correctly.

Maybe use some electric contact cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.