DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Freeze protection worked fine for most of the winter. This morning I woke up to 36 degrees. The controller says that freeze protection is on. The pool and spa lights came on for the freeze protection just fine, but neither of the pumps (main pump for pool/spa and separate pump for waterfall) are running. Because of the freeze protection, the buttons on the controller are disabled. I tried putting the panel in service mode and then back to normal to see if that would reset it, but nothing changed. Lights are still on, but no pumps. Any ideas on what is wrong and how to fix it?

p.s. I know nothing is going to freeze at 36 degrees, but I am concerned that it isn’t working properly and want to get it fixed so I don’t forget about it over the summer and then have a problem next winter when we need it.

Last edited:
mom,

Since the lights are on, we know the controller is turning on freeze control.

The first thing I'd want to check is any circuit breaks for the pumps. I'd reset them even if they look ok.

It has to be something common between the two pumps and that points to a circuit breaker.

Thanks,

Jim R.

That was it! I had already tried switching the main breaker from my house control panel, but that didn’t work. So after your reply I went out and flipped the breakers inside the pool control box and it worked. Thank you so much Jim!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.