Gold Supporter
Jul 3, 2018
SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have two ColorLogic 320 LEDs in my pool. The deep end unit has failed. We have used them very little. I'd be surprised if they have 50 hours on them. I confirmed it is not a connection or the transformer. Brad at Hayward suggested I call the builder to see if my build was a "Totally Hayward" build. If so, the lights have a 3-year warranty. Otherwise it's only one year. Brad did say to call him back before purchasing a new light so I'm hopeful. If I have to pay to replace it, is there another brand anyone can recommend for the 1.5 inch niche?

Yeah, I am worried about that myself. If I had known what I know now, I would have had them put in the Hayward halogen (AstroLite) instead and found a good rated $80 replacement LED for Amazon instead. At 80 a pop, if they each only made it a year... Meh...

If mine makes it less than five years that is a no brainer...

That might work for you because the light module will need to be completely removed to change it out anyway...

Good luck. I have Paramount skimmers and Jandy valves, so I suspect that I won't get a Totally Hayward warranty either...

As a follow-up, Hayward is going to warranty the light. They are shipping a new light to my builder. My builder said they would let me install it. Hayward docs say these lights can be installed wet or dry. Does anyone know how true that is? It seems overtime water would get into the conduit anyway. My junction box is about 6" above the coping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rattus Suffocatus
That is good to hear, honestly. I almost have buyer's remorse for that light especially if it doesn't make it least three seasons. You are making me feel better. The unit in theory is sealed so you should be able to do it wet. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Allen, will this light work w the hayward automation software as a std color logic light? thanks

Their website leads me to believe so. You specify the automation it will be connected to.

For the CMP light, you have to BUY the correct light to work with your automation. But, I think it's either Pentair or Hayward............maybe they have a Jandy/Zodiac option now but not sure

According to their website you order P-Style (Pentair) or H-Style (Hayward). Nothing for brand J listed.

Hayward sent the wrong part. They sent a ColorLogic 160 instead of the 320. They admitted it was their issue since I had given them a 320 serial number for warranty. The difference between 160 and 320 is Lumens- 600 vs. 1100. So 15 minutes on hold with Hayward and the correct one was on the way.

A couple of items of note:
1. My lights were installed before the fill and have not been out since. While using the fish wire, some algae came with it. So that tells me the lights don't fully seal in the conduit. Hayward explained the lights were designed to work submerged. It was still troubling to see the algae come out. We've never had an issue with algae since converting to TFP. I could clean the conduit with the fish wire and a rag but that wouldn't solve this issue. Any thoughts there?

2. The removal tool is included in the box with the light.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.