Hayward AquaRite W3AQR15 (40000 gallons) SWCG on sale at Amazon for $892

bzbee

Aug 30, 2019
North TX
I am fed-up with the chlorine routine - hunting for good chlorine jugs in the local stores, buying them, hauling back to home etc etc. Decided to convert to a salt water pool and was waiting for a good deal on a decent unit. This seems to be fit the bill, still debating whether to go for it or not.

Amazon.com : Hayward W3AQR15 AquaRite Electronic Salt Chlorination System for In-Ground Pools, 40, 000-Gallon Cell : Garden & Outdoor
The unit usually sells for $1300, so this is a good discount.

Once concern is Hayward's warranty. If you install it DIY, then only 1 year warranty. If you get a pro to install it, then 3-year warranty.
The Circupool RJ-30 Plus is a bit more at $970, but comes with a 7-year warranty that is DIY friendly.
Anyone have any opinion either way?

I wouldn’t worry too much about the warranty. My AquaRite control panel lasted over 15 years, my first cell lasted 7 years.

Last edited:
I installed my AquaRite with a tcel1l5 in 2005, that's 15 years ago. Aside from replacing the cell I have only had to replace the thermister in the controller once. Has the technology changed, not much. But the integration into the automated systems has gotten better. So if you are looking for integration, then that should be guiding your choice. Mine was a self install that I bought through a local store, so I figured any warranty would have been through the store, but I never had to use it. There is another thread running about the warranty on the cells, It really shows how confusing and misleading the warranty stuff is.

This seems like a great offer, also tiered of hunting for bleach, I currently have a pool pump and sweeper wired with there own manual intermit timers connected to a single power sauce - would the require additional power to run to ints own breaker or could I add to existing power sauce coming from break?

Last edited:
I saw this sale and ended up buying it. I was looking at the Circupool RJ60+, but this hayward was much cheaper so I figured I'd try it out; hopefully I'm not making a mistake.

In late July, I bought a "damaged box" on Amazon for $950. Now they have brand new for another $60 less...

Sigh.....

If you go to the "used" link, they have a bunch that are around $900. I expect they are like the one I bought: new, but damaged boxes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.