Hayward Aquarite Pro No Chlorine At All

I can not see the serial number in other listings, but on amazon, the picture is very clear for the W3T.
The cell in the picture is not a W3T and the serial number is not the original that came with the cell.

The cell in the picture is a T-CELL-15 and it came with a three year warranty and a serial number starting with a 3.

The picture is not accurate.

The snap on cover was replaced.

The cell in the picture is not a W3T and the serial number is not the original that came with the cell.

The cell in the picture is a T-CELL-15 and it came with a three year warranty and a serial number starting with a 3.

The picture is not accurate.

The snap on cover was replaced.
Thanks for clear things up for me.

Is there any difference between GLX-CELL-15-W and TCELL940-W ? Are they identical inside with different label or the 940 version will last longer? I understand they both have 1 year warranty.

Is there any difference between GLX-CELL-15-W and TCELL940-W ?
The 940 is a long life version of the T-15. I don't know for sure if the replacement cells are the same or different.
The T-CELL-15 is selling for a lot more money compare to the W3T version, just want to make sure they are identical and both have same 3 year warranty?
As far as I know the T-CELL-15 is the same as the W3T-CELL-15 with the same warranty.

For some reason, they added the “W3” to the front of some products, but I don’t know why.

Some references show a 1 year warranty.

The website for Canada shows a 1 year warranty.

I don’t know for sure if there are actually some cells with a 1 year warranty or if it is a typo.

1625294016650.png

Hayward seems to be all over the place with their information.

Before buying, verify all details including the warranty and ask for the first 4 characters of the serial number to verify the warranty period and the year manufactured.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Since the website says "3-year warranty" with no conditions or exclusions, then that has to be the warranty, in my opinion.

If there was a 1 year warranty model, then they need to say that.

If someone looks up the cell on the official Hayward website and it says 3 year warranty and then they rely on that to make a buying decision, then it would not be fair if they receive a 1 year warranty model unless the seller explicitly said that the warranty was only 1 year.

Even if the seller said 1 year warranty, Hayward is the manufacturer and it is their warranty. So, they decide what the warranty is and a seller is not authorized to change the terms of the manufacturer's warranty.

If the seller wants to say 1 year warranty, then they have to cite official manufacturer documentation where it is the manufacturer's official policy.

1625327620947.png

Last edited:
I've just checked my thermistor, and found 1 of its solder joint has fallen off.
I've resoldered it, now it is working!
99.9% it's a bad thermistor.

View attachment 351605

Reactions: JamesW
Hi, James. Thanks so much for following up.

I apologize to everyone who reached out to help. I didn't mean to drop off the thread but I was traveling.

We've been adding chlorine tabs to the skimmer basket to keep the pool open for the summer. Around here (central Illinois), we only have about another 8 weeks of pool usage left.

However, I've watched a couple of videos about replacing the thermistor and I think I could do it if I could find one of the little buggers. Any idea where I could purchase one or, alternatively, do you have a part number that I could give to an electronics supply house in the area? I've called a couple and they're not quite sure what it is I'm asking them for.

Thanks so very much -

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.