Hayward Aquarite issue

fyn409

Jul 9, 2013
So I have read the many threads about the Hayward Aqurite issues and the current limiter needing to be replaced. But none of the symptoms seem to match what I am seeing with mine. The pool and system were here when I purchased the house last year so I do not know much of the history. Used the system all year last year and it worked well. This year I started up the pool hooked everything up, started up the SWG and the power light comes on, but does not start generating. Moving the switch from off to auto does not change a thing. Worked with Hayward tech support and they had me take the cell in to get tested. That came back fine. Had them on the phone again today and they could not figure out the problem. The display is not showing the current salt level, it only shows 0, but it does display the temp so it is at least seeing the cell. The other thing we noticed is the "no flow" light does not come on at first startup like it had in the past. The tech had me un-plug the sensor and the light stayed dark. It was at that point they asked me to call a local repair place to have them look at it. Called, they are 4 weeks out at this point. I have ordered a current limiter just in case, but I am starting to question the PCB board since the flow switch does not seem to have any effect. Any thoughts?

Also checked the salt level with my kit at it is a 3000, and the water temp is upper 60's lower 70's.

Thanks,
Ryan

Did you look at the current limiter to see if the case was cracked or darkened?

I'd wait and replace the limiter and see if that fixes the problem. Seems that a few people have had your symptoms and replacing the limiter fixed it. It's a cheap try even if it doesn't fix it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.