Hayward Aqualogic Question

Mlamb

Oct 2, 2017
Sarasota/Fl
I have an Aqualogic PS8 automation system with software revision 2.93. My spa side remote (aql-as-rf) no longer works and cannot find parts or replacement. I’ve read that the aql2-ss-rf will work if I also replace the antenna with the aql2-base-rf at around $500 for both. Appreciate if someone can confirm this will work. Also, is there a better option even if it’s an additional cost?

This site says it will work...

This product is compatible with all Pro Logic controls and with Aqua Logic controls operating software revision r2.60 or higher. To verify the software level of your Aqua Logic control: Press the Menu button (possibly multiple times) until Diagnostic Menu is displayed. Next, press the > or < keys (possibly multiple times) until the main and display software revision levels are displayed (the main rev should be r1.10 or higher).

This Base Station can communicate with the spaside remote (AQL2-SS-RF), the wireless wall mount and tabletop remote display/keypads (AQL2-Wx-RF-PS-x, AQL2-Tx- RF-PS-x, AQL2-Tx-RF-P-4-x) and the Aqua Pod 2.0 touchscreen remote control (AQL2-POD2).

This site says it will work...

This product is compatible with all Pro Logic controls and with Aqua Logic controls operating software revision r2.60 or higher. To verify the software level of your Aqua Logic control: Press the Menu button (possibly multiple times) until Diagnostic Menu is displayed. Next, press the > or < keys (possibly multiple times) until the main and display software revision levels are displayed (the main rev should be r1.10 or higher).

This Base Station can communicate with the spaside remote (AQL2-SS-RF), the wireless wall mount and tabletop remote display/keypads (AQL2-Wx-RF-PS-x, AQL2-Tx- RF-PS-x, AQL2-Tx-RF-P-4-x) and the Aqua Pod 2.0 touchscreen remote control (AQL2-POD2).
Thanks ajw22. I realized that I would also have to replace my wireless wall remote (aql-wwrf-PS8) with an aql2 so now I’m at an approximate cost of $900 just to have a spa side remote that works. Doesn’t make sense to throw that kind of money on a 10+ year old system. Since I have a year old Hayward salt cell I need to stay with Hayward. Any thoughts on Prologic vs Omnilogic upgrade?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.