Hayward Aqua Rite reading zero

pfitz4

Bronze Supporter
Feb 26, 2018
North Alabama
My salt system is reading 0 voltage, 0 amperage, and 0 instant salt. No LED lights are on. When I restarted the system, the "no flow" light flashed (normal delay to establish a reading upon start up), then "inspect cell" flashed a few times and all lights went out, even the power light.

I'm assuming something needs to be replaced, but I don't know how much. The salt cell was replaced last year. What are my options?

Second question - does it matter which direction the cell is installed?

Hayward Aquarite SWG - LOW SALT Message & Salinity & 0 Amps

The salt cell does not have the DC voltage needed to function. The symptoms correlate to either of the following;
  • Bad In-Rush Current Limiter (RZ3)
  • K1 or K2 Bad solder (most likely suspect)
  • Logic Controller failure (worse case scenario)
A replacement board should fix this issue. If you're technically inclined, you might save the existing board by inspecting the solder or by replacing the relay if determined faulty

Reactions: pfitz4
Move the switch to Off and check the diagnostic readings. Then, move the switch to Auto and recheck the readings.

If the voltage is erratic, the thermistor is probably bad.

With the switch in the Off position, the voltage should be about 30 to 32 and steady.

When the switch is moved to Auto and the cell begins to generate, the voltage should be about 24 to 28 and fairly steady.

If the voltage is going below 24, the thermistor is bad.

What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?

Reactions: pfitz4
Thanks for your replies. I took the circuit board cover off and determined that the thermistor/current limiter was bad. I replaced it back in 2017 and actually had an extra one because I ordered two replacements at that time. I soldered on the new component, and everything is working great! The piece was ordered from Digikey.com (part # 570-1062-ND).

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.