Hayward AQR15 Aqua Rite

OK, I was a little bit off, the distance from the water surface to the actual waterfall is 48 inches, it is 51 inches to the top of the wall. Hope this is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PH has held steady at 7.5 yesterday and all day today, I am liking this.

I'm not sure what you mean about raised beam....are you talking about how high are my water features off the water? If so I would say you're talking ~5 feet from water to top, water prob actually falls ~4'.

Yes, that's it. I was trying to figure out how tall that wall was above the waterline where you have to two water features coming into your pool. Thanks

Wow! No scale and stable PH? What the heck are you gonna do? Mow the lawn? :-D

LOL... no doubt, this thing has definitely been taking up a lot of my time, but I do enjoy it. Tonight it has drifted up to just about 7.8, but that's over two days and I was expecting it to rise higher than 7.5, hopefully settles out around this point. Out of curiosity, and I know there's no rule of thumb, but is 7.8ish pretty common to settle at? I don't want to add any acid until I see where it stops unless of course it approaches 8.0.

My SWG's been holding my chlorine around 4.5 steady as a rock. Should a guy add some chlorine once in a while just to kind of super chlorinate the pool.... say once a week or something maybe up to six or seven? Just curious, having some friends over this weekend which will include few adults and probably five or six kids. Just wondering if a guy should pre-slam a little? Just wondering if it's kind of a maintenance deal I should do now and then.....

A jug of 8.25% bleach adds 4 ppm to my pool. I always add a jug when people are coming over to swim or we are going to hang out in the pool all day. 2 if there are some strange kids involved. I will add 2 or 3 or 4 jugs when we go out of town, 4 for a week, 2 for a weekend and 3 for in between. I'm a big fan of chlorine and not a fan of algae. I don't plan on SLAMing ever again. :)

I might push that FC up a touch. What is the FC when the SWG turns on for the day?

It's 4 to 4.5 in the morning at start up or shortly after, and usually around 4.5 to 5 in the evening. It normally does not get much swimmer load, maybe a couple hours a day. I very seldom catch it less than 4.5 or more than 5. I'm kind of surprised because we are having 100° days right now, but my pool catches full shade at about 3:30 in the afternoon. I don't think it sees the sun more than 5-6 hours a day maximum. House shades it in the morning, trees in the afternoon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK a couple of things. I went and looked at my SWG, it is sitting around 30%. Went ahead and bumped it to about 35 just to see what it does maybe up my chlorine just a bit, that can't hurt.

I checked my pH this morning, it was a strong 7.8, don't think it was hitting 8 but close enough so it was hard to differentiate. Since I could still stand to lower my TA some I went ahead and hit it with acid one more time, calculating to 7.2. I was able to go two full days without adding acid, which was a first for me since replastering. My question is, how often would be considered an average normal between doses of acid? I realize there are a lot of variables such as swimming and rain, but just kind of as an average. Can I expect you have to add some acid every few days even once things settle down? I am just curious if acid addition is normally every few days or every couple weeks or whatever it might be.

I think people's experiences are all over the place and of course depends how tight a range you decide on. I go with 7.6 to 8.0 and so that works with about 2 cups of acid twice a week.

My PH is pretty solid at 7.8. I have fiberglass, though, and I know you will fight it for awhile due to new plaster. But I read through your thread and my thought is that adding Borates will only help your cause. I think Borates are the key to my very stable PH. My TA is 70 and I only add acid every couple of weeks, even with a SWG. Add those Borates, you will love it

I increased my borates today by adding boric acid granules, should be at ~30 ppm.

If your goal is to help stabilize pH, you need to raise your borate level to around 50.

Thanks Chiefwej, right now I am just trying to take baby steps with anything I do to see what the reaction is with the rest of my system. Right now, the scale has disappeared, and I have went from 24-32 ounces of acid a day to 16 ounces every other day. And today my pH is at 7.6 after a day and a half so I'm hoping it's even getting better. My goal is to have the pH settle out anywhere below 8. What I am having a hard time understanding is how my TA keeps creeping up while not adding any water. Twice I have had it to 70 and both times it has raised, currently back to 80. I don't understand, I am under the impression TA will not raise without the addition of water? I test daily, very carefully. There's no question the TA rises.

TA can raise a bit from dissolving scale. That should settle down since you fixed your scale factory. Is CH rising too? If TA and CH are rising then it could be from the plaster curing and plaster dust.

TA tends to go up and down along with pH. So when you add acid to lower pH, it also lowers the TA. When the pH rises, the TA also rises. The exception is when you raise the pH with aeration. Aeration raises pH with a relatively minimal affect on the TA. That's why you can use that to lower TA. Lower both with acid, raise pH with aeration, and repeat.

pooldv, The CH did rise some, but has settled down but the TA continues to bounce around. Curing plaster could very well have something to do with it, I have not seen a single trace of scale in over a week, that makes me VERY happy.

Chiefwej,
that makes sense, I have only used aeration a couple times, primarily I have let the pH rise naturally. I did not know TA can rise.... I thought once you had it knocked down it stayed there unless you added water. Thanks for the insight, that solves a lot of mystery.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.