Hayward and Jandy lights

May 24, 2009
Harrisburg, NC
We are in the middle of a diy pool build (Block with vinyl liner). Our next door neighbor who is a retired pool builder was helping us, but due to health issues he had to move out of state. We have one Hayward Colorlogic 4..0 120v light and 4 Hayward Colorlogic 320 12v lights.
So here is the dilemma - our neighbor installed a Jandy Pro series niche and we just realized that the Hayward Colorlogic 4.0 will not fit, so if we put in a Jandy light what would you need to control the different lights? Before we were just going to use the Hayward controls, any suggestions on how to control the lights and would there be any concerns or issues using two different brands of lights?

Use a Jandy Watercolor controller to control the Jandy lights.

Were you looking to mix Hayward and Jandy light or use all Jandy lights?

Looking to mix Jandy and Hayward.

No way to make that work.

You need a Jandy light controller for their lights and a Hayward light controller for their lights. Mising them will give you a jumble of different colors.

Thank you for your response. not sure if I should just forgo the larger light which I was most likely use by itself for night swimming and over up the hole which hopefully wouldn’t be a weak point for leaks or do a jandy large light and the Hayward 320 lights and use them separately. Amy thoughts or suggestions? I know if I have them both I would have to run two separate controls. Thanks so much.
They always say hindsight is 20/20 but I usually reach the heck out of stuff but didn’t this time and relied on others! 😃

Be patient. One or the other will fail and then you can have a matched set again.

Next time you a e shopping for lights look at what they have...

Reactions: totebagg
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.