Having Trouble with PH Level

Aug 1, 2018
Houston, texas
Hi all,

Three weeks ago I drained approximately 80% of my pool water due to high CYA level. Since then I have been getting the chemical levels back in balance. So far so good with everything except the PH level. Following pool math, reading Pool School and checking chemical levels daily, for the life of me I can’t get the PH level within the 7.2 - 7.8 range. I have added at least 3 gallons of muriatic acid in the past 3 weeks. Readings as of this afternoon are:

FC 4
PH 8 but it could be 8.2
TA 90
CH 250
CYA 70

Ive turned the bubblers off to reduce aeration. Should I keep adding the acid or is there something else I should consider doing?

thanks for the help

Add enough acid based on PoolMath to get to 7.2. Circulate your pool for 30 minutes or so and test again.

Be sure you are using the correct MA strength in PoolMath.

Hi, sorry for the late response. I am using 31.45, 20 Baume. Just switched over to a different acid due to lack of availability of the other, which is 14.5, 9.8 Baume and that seemed to do the trick. PH is now 7.4 after applying yesterday. I’ll monitor twice daily for the next few days to see if this sticks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.