Having a little trouble would appreciate the help

Solidassassin47

Jul 9, 2019
Fayetteville
Im having some issues with i believe low pressure on my intex sand filter 3000gph 16 inch pump i believe the pressure is not putting out the correct psi. I have some pictures below that show pressure before and after backwash. Wanting to no if this is being caused by an alge bloom or start of one. Also wanted to no if this could be the impeller as im thinking it could be from this but not sure. My levels are for my latest pool test this is after i have vacuumed and brushed the pool thoroughly for and hour or so tested on 7/13/2020 at about 6:30pm. Pool is completely clean no sign of alge or slimy film in pool is crystal clear.
TH 100
TC 1
FC 1
PH 7.6
TA 120
CA 30
First Picture shows before backwash second picture shows after pool is cleaned and backwash has completed on normal filtration. Also showed some more image of my pool inlet jet showing it is slightly out of water wanting to no if this could cause psi drop. Also pics shown of pressure in skimmer basket.
GEDC0821.JPGGEDC0842.JPGGEDC0865.JPGGEDC0828.JPG

It makes sense that your pressure would go down after you backwash. That's normal. What you do need to be concerned about, even though the water seems clear, is algae. I say that because your FC level is much too low. Remember to always go back to the FC/CYA Levels to see what your FC level should be based on your current CYA. On that chart you can see your FC should be between 4-6 and never below 2. I'd get some chlorine in there right away. If your FC drops too fast each day, consider doing an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to check for algae you can't see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.