Have I diagnosed this filter issue accurately?

May 30, 2016
Belfast, Maine
Hi All, and thanks to this community for getting me started trouble free. I've been enjoying my pool for a few years now, while monitoring a filter leak with a gradually increasing
flow around the filter top. The pump no longer maintains a seal, and the filter basket housing loses much of its water after the pump shuts off. As you can see, the steady leak has deteriorated the settings decal to the point that I had to remove it. So, my question is, does this look like I need a new spider gasket? If so, what source on the web would you recommend for parts? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Dead

et?IMG_5140.jpg

It would have to be pretty far gone to leak so much that your pump loses prime. Water only leaks out where the handle is? I would start with the spider gasket for sure. Hopefully that is all it is but if you still have a leak, it will be easier to trouble shoot knowing the gasket is good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.