Have heat pump installed and bought with PB or do on your own after build completed?

usfbull

Gold Supporter
May 11, 2020
Tampa FL
Surface
Plaster
So if i look on a website such as INYO and see a heat pump listed at $4k (free shipping) the exact pump the PB is quoting at $6.4K is there any reason not to buy it myself after the PB is finished? I relize I need to hire a certified installer but that still has to be a lot cheaper. Am I missing something?

Well if you have a certified installer of that mfg. the warranty should remain or may be enhanced. Best to review with the mfg website or call direct.

Reactions: usfbull
Yeah, so for example Pentair says if installed by certified installer it is a 2 yr extended warranty. I would guess if i bought through PB I would get the 3yr warranty as its all Pentair.

That said I have seen others talk good about RayPak and they are ~$3k and people seem to say the heat pump is the one piece of equipment where it doesnt matter if its made by the same manufacturer as the rest of the equipment.

There are things that are going to need to be done during the pool build to prep for the heater - such as the electrical provisioning for it, and automation if you are doing that. You are better off if the PB does it all, that way if something doesn't work, you won't just get a bunch of finger pointing. That said, you should talk to your PB about the price for your heater, show him the Inyo price, and see if you can work out a better deal with him, or if there is some good reason for the difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.