Has anyone else's filters been getting their butts kicked this season?

blk94f150

Mar 29, 2013
Cincinnati area here and I'm cleaning my filter socks nearly every day thick with stuff. I've cleaned my cartridges twice now. Thought it was just me but a friend is experiencing the same thing.

It's been dry and dusty with pollen but I'm wondering if the Canada wild fires are contributing to more stuff in the water.

They very well could be.

We had a wet early spring and it made for an extra pollen-y spring, although that part of the spring was dry.

is your PSI going up considerably or are you cleaning it just because ?

I clean them when my salt generator starts no flowing.
Do you have a pressure gauge ? If not, they (or a flow meter) are cheap and relatively easy to install and then you'd know it was coming instead of waiting to catch the cell off.

Do you have a pressure gauge ? If not, they (or a flow meter) are cheap and relatively easy to install and then you'd know it was coming instead of waiting to catch the cell off.
I do but my pressures are so low with a variable speed pump running low speed that it's kinda hard to tell. A flow meter might be nice though.

I do but my pressures are so low with a variable speed pump running low speed that it's kinda hard to tell.
Next time you clean the filters, run full throttle and get the baseline PSI. Then anytime you want to check, run full throttle for a few seconds.

My own is 4 psi at low throttle and it's sure hard to tell the difference between 4.5 and 5. But at 20 psi, it's much easier to see a 5 psi increase.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.