Has anyone added massive amounts of natural stone to an existing pool?

@KeysNole .... we are doing lots of natural rock around our pool, with rock coping that dips into the water. I've documented every step of the build, including how the builder formed the pool edge and water proofed where the rocks sit. There's a link to my build thread in my signature.

The builder essentially created a gunite and steel ledge for the rocks to sit on, and then used DryLok (Basement and Masonry Waterproofer) to seal the areas of the gunite where the rocks sit.

1598010995236.png

On the other hand, people are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to have these problems
know what else they have ? People that deal with the problems FOR them. By me they just show up on the weekend after the staff spent all week getting everything perfect.

Reactions: Dirk
Heres a cool page:
To me, some of these types of "lagoon" pools look barely like a pool and are done so well and fit so perfectly into the surrounding background that they create an amazing, relaxing experience. Others (to me) just look like a residential swimming pool with a bunch of giant, out of place boulders piled up next to it...
I wish I had stupid money like that. Wait if I did I would be ocean front in topsail NC and a fishing boat at the docks for the ocean.

I wish I had stupid money like that. Wait if I did I would be ocean front in topsail NC and a fishing boat at the docks for the ocean.
If you had a pool like that then you most likely would have someone else maintain it because you will be out fishing!!!!!

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.