Hartford loop placement

cybertoad

Jan 30, 2019
California
Hello, we are just beginning the pool build process and had our pre-site and pool layout approval meeting yesterday. I need some expert opinions.... We have an 18 inch raised spa with a blower at the equipment pad about 60 feet away. The builder wants to install a Hartford loop near the spa, but apparently wants it to basically be a PVC pipe sticking up out of the ground. I kind of said at the time, “oh no big deal, can plant a bush next to it or something.” Now that I’ve been doing some reading, I’m hating the idea, as it appears that other builders are incorporating the loops directly into the gunite structure which would look much more aesthetically pleasing. Is there enough elevation in such an in-wall configuration to accommodate a loop that functions properly? Additionally, what about the idea of putting a check valve inside of a Christy box near the spa instead, a few feet away in the dirt, rather than a raised pipe sticking out of the ground?

Attachments

• 04AD4D7A-BDD6-4F6C-B4E7-87FD92C1886E.jpeg
    04AD4D7A-BDD6-4F6C-B4E7-87FD92C1886E.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 25
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.