Hard time with new pool

Remember anything else in the pool besides water and alage will prolong this process. If you have any organics such as leaves and foliage from the pine trees at the bottom, it will NOT let the slam finish. You have make sure that the chlorine isn't getting consumed by anything else that does not belong there.

Reactions: smenzel
So we are completely clear, levels are all good!

But now there is dirty water coming out of the return jet. We noticed it after putting in a robot vacuum to try and then again after backwashing today. Not sure if it's always done this because we've just now gotten clear water to see. My husband did notice that when he backwashes the water doesn't come out as forcefully as before. What could this be?

What type of sand filter do you have? Does it have a multiport valve on it that you are using to backwash? If so, it should also have a setting called 'Rinse', use this for a short time after backwashing.

What kind of robot vacuum is this? A robot doesn't hook into the circulation system at all so I'm confused on this one. Is this a suction side vacuum cleaner?

As for the water not coming out as forcefully during backwash, sounds like you might need to deep clean that sand filter.

What type of sand filter do you have? Does it have a multiport valve on it that you are using to backwash? If so, it should also have a setting called 'Rinse', use this for a short time after backwashing.

What kind of robot vacuum is this? A robot doesn't hook into the circulation system at all so I'm confused on this one. Is this a suction side vacuum cleaner?

As for the water not coming out as forcefully during backwash, sounds like you might need to deep clean that sand filter.

Yes it is a multiport and we do rinse it after backwashing. Still coming out dirty.

Sorry yes, it is a suction side vacuum. Still new to all the right terms ?

Ok..is there a reference for deep cleaning a sand filter you could share? Again this is all new to me but willing to learn. Thanks.

Yes it is a multiport and we do rinse it after backwashing. Still coming out dirty.

Sorry yes, it is a suction side vacuum. Still new to all the right terms ?

Ok..is there a reference for deep cleaning a sand filter you could share? Again this is all new to me but willing to learn. Thanks.

:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.