Hard Piping Sand Filter

Jan 11, 2011
Kansas City, MO
My filter has developed a leak between the Hayward pump and the Hayward sand filter. I have tried cutting off the end of the hose (1.5" braided clear hose I believe), tried using multiple clamps, magic lube, plumbers tape, etc and it is still leaking. What is the best way to hard plump this? Do I just use regular PVC pipe? I imagine I need some kind of connection so I can remove the pump when I winterize? What kind of connections. I will hard pipe from pool to pump and from filter to pool in the spring. Below is a link to the filter I have (SW256).

https://www.shopthegreatescape.com/clients/20/assets/14/Swim%20Pro%20SW196T-236T-SW256T%20ISSW256T.pdf

Thanks!

No problem...after looking at the replacement parts in the manual you posted, the fittings are inch and a half.

From your local Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc...you will need...

2) 1 1/2” threaded male adapters (one for the valve, one for the pump)...these are threaded on one end and have a 1 1/2” solvent connection on the other end.

1 1/2” elbows...I would say probably 2.

a couple short lengths of 1 1/2” pvc pipe

1 1/2” union with solvent ends on both sides

pvc primer and cement

Make sure the connection at the valve doesn’t restrict usage, removal, etc...this also applies to placement of the union.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.