Hard Piping Sand Filter

pmsmith2032

Jan 11, 2011
Kansas City, MO
My filter has developed a leak between the Hayward pump and the Hayward sand filter. I have tried cutting off the end of the hose (1.5" braided clear hose I believe), tried using multiple clamps, magic lube, plumbers tape, etc and it is still leaking. What is the best way to hard plump this? Do I just use regular PVC pipe? I imagine I need some kind of connection so I can remove the pump when I winterize? What kind of connections. I will hard pipe from pool to pump and from filter to pool in the spring. Below is a link to the filter I have (SW256).

https://www.shopthegreatescape.com/clients/20/assets/14/Swim%20Pro%20SW196T-236T-SW256T%20ISSW256T.pdf

Thanks!

pmsmith2032

Jan 11, 2011
Kansas City, MO
I'm at work right now so don't have an actual picture but if you look at the first page of the link I posted, it is the run from the pump to the filter (there is a hose in the picture).

partsman

Apr 28, 2017
Westerly RI
No problem...after looking at the replacement parts in the manual you posted, the fittings are inch and a half.

From your local Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc...you will need...

2) 1 1/2” threaded male adapters (one for the valve, one for the pump)...these are threaded on one end and have a 1 1/2” solvent connection on the other end.

1 1/2” elbows...I would say probably 2.

a couple short lengths of 1 1/2” pvc pipe

1 1/2” union with solvent ends on both sides

pvc primer and cement

Make sure the connection at the valve doesn’t restrict usage, removal, etc...this also applies to placement of the union.

Good luck!

partsman

Apr 28, 2017
Westerly RI
You might be able to do it with one, depending on where the valve inlet is in relation to the pump outlet. I was just going by illustrations in the link you posted.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.