Layton. Utah
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
So I got my hard piping done, but with the curve of the pool, it put stress on the threading.... So how do you handle this?? Return line, 1st hookup on the pool

Attachments

• 20200624_092923.jpg
    20200624_092923.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 54
I would use a short piece of flexible hose for the last connection between the pool and hard piping.
That's what I was going to say because I suspect a 45 degree elbow may create the opposite angle and point too far down.

YeaI was figuring that to... I havent had much luck with the flexible stuff... maybe I need just the single barbed hose connector, instead of the multi barb

I would go with some sort of flexible connection as well. I don't have a soft sided pool, so I am no expert, but I would think that side and fitting will move and flex as people use the pool. Even if you were able to use a 45 or a 22.5 to somehow get it perfect, as soon as people get in the pool and start swimming, it is going to move around.

So I used some of my 1.5" hose I have (I clean carpets, so i have plenty of this) used a single barb (larger smooth area to clamp to) and ran 3', cutting out that elbow.

Also found my pump inlet had 2 o-rings together, so i took out the female o-ring and let the male side do the job.

Inside the pre-filter, the nut in there, was about a 1/4-1/2 turn loose, tightened that up. (guessing the heat from day and cool at night worked it loose, or something along those lines.

Adding water back in.. Glad my city has good pressure and flow.... I have a 1" line ran off the sprinkler system. of course its down to 5/8 for the hose.. bu took a little over 7 hours to fill the 12x24..

Time will tell, thanks for the advice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.