Hand Railing Removal

Nate4429

Mar 8, 2019
Marysville, Wa
So I think we’ve finally decided to take out the hand railing going into the pool by the steps. The problem is it’s concreted in not bolted. So once we cut it off what’s the best way to fill in the cut out area? Thanks!

Attachments

• 30022508.jpg
    30022508.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Nate4429
That's interesting. I almost never hear of people taking handrails out (maybe they don't talk about it) but with some regularity hear about how to add handrails. Older relatives, injuries and increased age of oneself are the primary reasons.

That's interesting. I almost never hear of people taking handrails out (maybe they don't talk about it) but with some regularity hear about how to add handrails. Older relatives, injuries and increased age of oneself are the primary reasons.
It’s a pain in the butt to get the solar cover off over it and kids just play and hang on it. I’d go the other way but the diving board is on that side...I would like to be able to take the cover off myself with a solar cover reel system. Any suggestions would be appreciated ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    603.9 KB · Views: 33
So once we cut it off what’s the best way to fill in the cut out area?

How about using concrete? I'd grind a nice smooth edge on the stainless steel then add concrete.

Regarding the solar cover, some folks cut them in half, then use a PVC pipe in the middle of each section, which attaches somehow, then you spin the pipe and it wraps the cover up on the pipe. I'll see if I can find the link. Rollers are good too on wheels, especially since you have a rectangle, where it will glide off relatively unimpeded.

Reactions: Nate4429
How about using concrete? I'd grind a nice smooth edge on the stainless steel then add concrete.

Regarding the solar cover, some folks cut them in half, then use a PVC pipe in the middle of each section, which attaches somehow, then you spin the pipe and it wraps the cover up on the pipe. I'll see if I can find the link. Rollers are good too on wheels, especially since you have a rectangle, where it will glide off relatively unimpeded.
We have decided to get the reel system and see if it will work over the diving board. The reel is 18” high and the diving board 9” so maybe it will work and I won’t have to remove the hand rail ? the reel system comes Friday ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
104684Here’s the new pool reel system. Sorry it took me so long to post. Works great! Still hard to put back on by myself...can be done but not ideal as it wants to pull the whole reel system in the water since it’s not fixed to the ground. I found that if I unroll it off the reel first then I can pull it out by myself slowly. Better than not being able to put it away at all if I’m the only one around though ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.