Halfway There in DFW (pic heavy)

richard-ssv

Jun 17, 2019
Denton, TX
I wish I would have found this website before we started building our pool, but I guess it's better late than never? We started with our first meeting with the PB in early April and now we are about half way there. The PB came out and dug on the June 5th, did steel the next day, and plumbing the day after that. Gunite was done on the 11th and they are scheduled to do tile and coping on the 22nd. Due to the limited size of our yard we did not do a traditional concrete deck. Instead, we are doing a unideck that basically extends the Oklahoma flagstone coping another 2ft. to our existing stamped concrete patio.

So far our experience has been pretty good. It took a long while to get started because of all the rain in North Texas this spring, but once they got going it's been pretty quick. Hopefully we'll be swimming by the end of July.

Attachments

• Equipment.PNG
    Equipment.PNG
    91.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Pool Specs.PNG
    Pool Specs.PNG
    29.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Design 1.JPG
    Design 1.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Design 2.JPG
    Design 2.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Excav 1.JPG
    Excav 1.JPG
    269 KB · Views: 113
  • Excav 2.JPG
    Excav 2.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Excav 3.JPG
    Excav 3.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Excav 4.JPG
    Excav 4.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Excav 5.JPG
    Excav 5.JPG
    298.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Excav 6.JPG
    Excav 6.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Smurfdog
Well our pool build was humming along and then things started to slow down considerably. It took the stone masons 2 weeks for tile, coping, and a 60 sqft unideck. They would come for a day and work 3-4 hours and then not return for several days and then work another 3-4 hours. It seemed to me that if they had just come for 3 solid days they could have knocked it out? It's now been a little over a week since the stone work was finished and nothing more has been done.

I believe that all we have left is to clean up the gunite, clean up the yard, reroute the sprinklers, add sod, install the equipment, and then plaster. I think that if they would just show up to work this pool could be finished in a week? Is it normal for things to slow down like this? It's been bone dry in Dallas, so weather is not the issue.

Attachments

• IMG_1200.PNG
    IMG_1200.PNG
    147 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Smurfdog
Well our pool build was humming along and then things started to slow down considerably. It took the stone masons 2 weeks for tile, coping, and a 60 sqft unideck. They would come for a day and work 3-4 hours and then not return for several days and then work another 3-4 hours. It seemed to me that if they had just come for 3 solid days they could have knocked it out? It's now been a little over a week since the stone work was finished and nothing more has been done.

I believe that all we have left is to clean up the gunite, clean up the yard, reroute the sprinklers, add sod, install the equipment, and then plaster. I think that if they would just show up to work this pool could be finished in a week? Is it normal for things to slow down like this? It's been bone dry in Dallas, so weather is not the issue.
Much of it has to do with the subcontractors that the builder is using. The builder is often at the mercy of the subs schedule. In order to keep jobs moving it is not uncommon for subs to work a few hours on one and jump over to another one so they can keep the progress going on multiple jobs. Call your builder and have them outline a schedule and order for when the remaining work will be completed.

We put in a pool like yours with those depths and size absolutely love it.

Much of it has to do with the subcontractors that the builder is using. The builder is often at the mercy of the subs schedule. In order to keep jobs moving it is not uncommon for subs to work a few hours on one and jump over to another one so they can keep the progress going on multiple jobs. Call your builder and have them outline a schedule and order for when the remaining work will be completed.

We put in a pool like yours with those depths and size absolutely love it.

How long did it take for your build once digging commenced?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.