Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Last edited:
It is generally not recommended to use them in the pump because if it clogs up you could starve the pump of water. In the skimmer there is usually an alternate path for the pump to pull water from the floor drain if the skimmer completely clogs up.

Mine is similar to the photo in the link but is a Pentair/Admiral model. The center section slides up and down and floats on top of the water to allow skimming of the surface. There is no weir door. My concern is that placing a sock in the basket may cause the float to bind in the up position, resulting in no water to the pump. While checking for photos, I see they sell socks for these baskets, so I need to do more research.

:scratch: You and your fancy smancy floating skimmer basket. You couldn’t get a regular one like the rest of us common folk could ya. :pth::laughblue:

Anyway Mike, I have the skimmer socks as well as the hairnets, I prefer the hairnets over the socks as there’s nothing to clean. I would think if you can use the socks, then I don’t see why you can’t use the hairnets.?.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.