Hairnets for skimmers

+1 on the Hairnets mentioned by Kiss4aFrog. Have used them for 2 years. Inexpensive and work well catching small & large debris. Makes cleaning my cartridge filter much easier and have to do it less often.

These are the ones I'm using and have had good results with. - - > G & F Products Disposable Bouffant Caps Hair Net, Spun-Bonded Polypropylene, Non-Woven, Medical, Labs, Nurse, Tattoo, Food Service, Health, Hospital, White, 100 Pieces - Science Lab Hairnets - Amazon.com

Ordered 200 so they end up being about 4 cents ea. I use them for my pond pump too. It's a small pump but it keeps the pine needles out.
Thank you! These are absolutely perfect, and cheap! Our skimmer basket must be oversized - the PB guy had skimmer socks that didn't fit. So glad that sent me hunting and I found these. :)

LOL on the description: "Perfect for Pool skimmers"
I don't recall seeing that last time I looked!

I've been using 1 gallon paint strainers from home depot. Rinse out and re-use.
They cost more but I might switch to hairnets as they cost
less and looks like they filter a bit finer compared to the paint strainer netting.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.