Hair nets GONE, sucked in the skimmer?

brucehenson

Gold Supporter
Nov 27, 2018
Taylors/SC
Dissolved 14 lb. of dry stabilizer yesterday, half in two socks and half in a bucket of water. Once the socks were empty I put two hair nets in the skimmer basket and poured the mostly dissolved stabilizer into the skimmer. Some granules settled into the hair nets as I expected. Pump ran all night and this morning the hair nets are gone. They are not in the pump strainer and the skimmer is sucking water just fine. I cleaned my filter yesterday and hate to open it back up unless I really need to.

Any advice?

Have you checked in your pump basket for the skimmer hairnets?
Were the hairnets on the inside or outside of the skimmer basket?

I don't think the CYA could have disolved them completely without a trace. If there aren't any remnants of the elastic band or net anywhere, only thing I can think of is that someone - or some"thing" - removed the hairnets.

I think they would get stuck in the impeller if they made it past the pump basket. Ask around and make sure no one removed the hairnets for you before you start taking things apart.

Check your weir door. If the pump turned off it might have come off and floated back to the door and got hung up on it.

Thanks Marty, I did and nothing. I'm going to let this go. I have run the pump up to high speed valved off the main drains with nothing passing through. I have suction at the skimmer and system is running normally. Doubtful the hair nets could pass through the pump basket and pump seems happy and quiet. Worse case is that the nets are in the filter and can live there until next year or next backwash.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Bruce

Reactions: mknauss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I must have some really bad restriction then on my pluming because im running 2" pipe and I also have the VSF. I have to run my pump at 2600rpm to get 51GPM
Maybe North Carolina water is heavier, haha.

Seriously, I do have two main drains, two skimmers, and six returns. Maybe the configuration has something to do with it. Lower velocity, less pressure drop?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.