zwats

Sep 8, 2018
ky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
my old motor died and had to have it replaced. the old motor was a hayward super pump 1 hp, sf 1.1, 3450 rpm (model number c48k2n143b1). they replaced it with a century 1 hp, 1 sf, 3450 rpm. we havea sand filter and a 35,000 pool(from what ive been told) seems like ever seince the motor was replaced ive been having more trouble keeping it in shape. is 1 enough true power for a pool this big or should i upgrade to 1.5?

also if it matters we have a hayward pump (model SP2607X10)

its all hooked up and working but the water is looking bad (kinda light murky green/ cloudy). chlorine is pretty high. cya is prolly 50. but im going to shock it tomorrow night and well see if that helps. was just curious if the trouble was from the new motor

Funny, I just replaced that same motor on my pump. Although I went with a 2 speed Century. Wished I had seen the price on the VS motors, but it’s too late now.
yea i dont know how to replace it myself...yet. But i told the local pool store all the info and thats the pump they brought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.